Rice Terraces Trekking in Mu Cang Chai 3 days 2 nights
Giá Tour trọn gói từ: 199 ₫
Khởi hành từ: Hà Nội
Điểm đến: Mù Cang Chải, Phú Thọ, Tú Lệ, Yên Bái
Lịch trình: 3 ngày
Khởi hành: Monday & Thurday
Located at the gateway to Mu Cang Chai, Lim Mong valley owns a vast system of rice terraces from the bottom to the top of the hills with the center being Nam Lung stream. Surrounding the valley are high mountains, on which are primeval forests where the Hmong live scatteredly and hiddenly in the clouds. During this trip, we will walk along the pathways, through the high Hmong villages, at the foot of the old forests, sometimes walk between the rice terraces, and finally follow the streams back to the valley. This is a trek that might not be too challenging but requires certain physical strength under the guidance of a local who is familiar with the terrain.
- Discovering the famous Mu Cang Chai’s rice terraces, the most beautiful rice terraces in Vietnam, "one of the most beautiful rice terraces in the world";
- Wallowing yourself in Thai culture with stilt houses by the stream, delicious food and incredible music;
- Enjoying authentic local meals harvested directly from farm to your plate;
- Trekking along the unspoiled roads prepared by veteran guides which are through the high rice terraces, close to the primeval forests;
- Experiencing fresh and original life in one of the most majestic valleys in the Northwest, Lim Mong valley;
- With your trip, you are supporting the local community through a community based tourism
What to bring
- Sun & rain gear (including sun screen and brimmed hat)
- Warm clothes in winter (mid November to early March)
- Insect repellent
- Walking shoes/sandals
- Daypack for hiking
- Toiletries, towel and flashlight
- Original passport
DAY 01: HANOI - NGHIA LO - KHAU PHA 275 km - 6 hours
Meal: lunch, dinner | Accommodation: Village stay at a traditionaf house-on-stilts
Departing early in the morning from Hanoi, a tour guide and a car will pick you up at your staying ( Hanoi’s old quarter area) at 7.00 – 7:30 am and we will depart for Mu Cang Chai along Lang Hoa Lac Highway and Highway 32.
After more than 2 hours, stop to rest at Thanh Son tea plantation in Phu Tho. Here, on both sides of the road are the immense tea fields. You can visit the tea plantation and take some photos.
Continue to follow the road 32 with stunning scenery on both sides, especially along the distance from Nghia Lo to Tu Le. At the gate of Mu Cang Chai, the car will follow a small path leading you to It Thai village which is a beautiful small village located on the bank of a stream in Lim Mong valley. The homestay owner in the village will welcome you into their house. Have lunch and take a rest.
In the afternoon, you will be taken to visit the village then walk together up to Xe Xang village, along the mountainside into the bamboo forest and then down to It Thai village.
Or you can do paraplidinp from Khau Pha pass, surcharge for paraplidinp is from US$ 94 per person
Enjoy the dinner prepared by the Thai’s ingenuity. After dinner, enjoy the colorful Xoe dances of Thai girls. Overnight in a shared stilt house.
Your accommodation is provided by a local family in their traditional house-on-stilts. There’s no private room and you’fI sleep on the floor in a large communal area. The sleeping corner is set up with a sinple mattress (thin, but adequate), blankets (ditto), pillow and mosquito net. The restroom is at international standard and a few steps from the main house.
Private stilt house is available in case you want more privacy. Please check with our travel consultant for its availability and surcharge fee.
*Music performance – Xoe dance will only take place with proups of 4 or more people.
Day 2: FULL TREKKING & DISCOVER UNTOUCHED VALLEY (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL - 8H)
Meal: breakfast, picnic lunch, dinner | Accommodation: Village stay at a traditionaf house-on-stilts
Depart early in the morning, the motorbike taxi will take you from It Thai village to Ta Dong village, where we will start trekking. On the way, you will be able to admire the whole Lim Mong valley in the morning, the scene of bustling local people starting their working day in the open field.
From Ta Dzong village, we will go along a narrow path into the small creek of Nam Kim stream. Along the way, you will see the mountains, winding streams and rice terraces of the H’mong.
After more than 1 hour of walking, we will rest at the big creek of Nam Kim Stream. Then, cross a tiny suspension bridge, follow the road with rice terraces on both sides and head up to Khao Nha Duoi village. This is a village of H’mong people who live high up in the mountains, near the wild forests, hence they still preserve a deeply rooted lifestyle. Have a picnic lunch or stay at a homestay in the village for lunch.
After lunch, we will continue to be on the road. If there is enough time, we can visit a waterfall with water pouring down from the top of the mountain.
After 2 hours of walking, we will reach the intersection of three streams: Nam Kim, Nam Lung and Mong Han.
Here, you have two options.
- The first one is continuing to cross the stream, follow the mountain, return to Lim Thai village and then be back to It Thai village. After dinner, soak your feet in the hot wild-leaf water to relax your body. Overnight in the shared stilt house.
- Or you can turn left down to Bung Xom village, reaching Tu Le. Transfer by motorbike taxi to Hot Spring, take a hot mineral bath and have dinner at a restaurant. Then, the car will wait for you at Tu Le and pick you up at It Thai village. Surcharge for option for hot spring bath & dinner at restaurant: 22$/person
DAY 03: KHAU PHA - HANOI , 275 km - 6 hours
Meal: breakfast, brunch
Enjoy a leisurely morning in the fresh air of the village to help restore health after a long day of walking. Or you can use the last morning of the excursion to wake up early, go uphill to admire the sunrise over the valley and hunt for beautiful pictures.
Option of paragliding from Khau Pha pass, surcharge from US$ 94 per person.
Enjoy a late breakfast at 10.00 am and go back to Hanoi. Return to Hanoi at 5.00 pm.
End of our services.
PRICE: 199$/ 1 PAX
based on joined-group tour
- Prices in VND are subject to currency fluctuations upon making the trip reservation
- Paragliding can take place on the afternoon of day 1 or the morning of day 3 of the tour. We recommend you to register for day 1 in case that unfavorable weather occurs, the experience can be rescheduled to day 3.
Dịch vụ trọn gói
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program
- Meals as specified in the program
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
- The services of one local guide
- Use of motorbike taxis for transfer & pick-up in the trekking day
- Herbal foot bath
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses
- Personal expenses (drinks, souvenirs, ..)
- Trekking gears (backpack, shoes, etc …)
- Individual Insurance
Điều khoản Tour
Price of Paragliding
- US$ 94 per person (Weekday) US$ 111 per person(Weekend)
- US$ 128 per person (24th, 25th, 26th of Sept, 2022)
- Paragliding in duo with a professional paraglider pilot; Flight duration is from 10-25 minutes depending on wind conditions at the time of flight.
- One way transfer from homestay to Khau Pha Pass paragliding take-off area
- Souvenir gift
- Paragliding insurance compensates up to 100,000,000 VND (one hundred million dong)/person/case provided by MIC insurance company
- Filming and taking photos during the flight
- Transfer from Hanoi to Khau Pha pass
- Transfer from landing area to homestay
- Meals & Homestay
- And others which not mentioned in including
Before flying date: Passenger will be informed by organizer about schedule and notes when paragliding via phone or email.
On the flying date: Passenger will be transferred from homestay to paragliding take-off area, having a flight safety instructions session then getting her/his service number and a waiver to sign.
When doing paragliding experience in duo with an experienced pilot, the passenger’s flight will be filmed and photographed. At the end of the flight, passengers will receive the original photos & videos.
The specific flying time of the day will depend on the weather. Passengers will be provided a service number and parachuting will be done according to the order number.
Cancellation and reschedule conditions
- 3 day in prior of flying date: free of charge
- 2 day in prior of flying date: charge 500,000 vnd in the same day: charge 50% of total price
- Reschedule: free of charge
In the event of force majeure that leads to the flight not being able to be performed (bad weather, rain, high winds, wind changes, conditions that are unsafe for flight) the flight will be refunded, canceled or rescheduled.
Both trekking tour and paragliding experience are not suitable for the ones who do not have the following diseases:
- Heart-related diseases
- Blood pressure disease
- Osteoarthritis, especially related to the spine
- Brittle bone disease
- In the period of medical treatment
- For paragliding, people who weigh more than 90kg will not be accepted.
Customer must provide the following information: Full name – Date of birth – ID number/CCCD/PASSPORT – Height – Weight – Phone number.
For children under the age of 18, additional information from parents/guardians is required.
Đánh giá Tour
FIRST TIME TREKKING & Lovely tour!
I've never tried trekking before so was pretty scared at first. But our guide was excellent in leading the way, providing me all the tools I need and he also showed me the best features of all the routes I went through! Can't wait to get my friends to try this tour sometime!
Có thể bạn quan tâm
Lịch trình: 3 ngày
Khởi hành từ: Hà Nội
Giá tour:199 đ / Khách